Title: Restaurant Cook
BASIC PURPOSE: Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
1. Prepare food items per guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure to not prepare beyond estimated needs.
3. Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
4. Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
5. Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
1. Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language. 2. One to two years of culinary experience required.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be matched.