Title: Pastry Cook
DEPARTMENT: Kitchen FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB TITLE: Pastry Cook SUPERVISES: None
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastry Chef, Pastry Chef
JOB SUMMARY: Prepares all baked goods according to standard recipes. Baker is also responsible for the cleanliness of the bakery and its equipment. Performs other necessary duties as requested by Executive Pastry Chef or kitchen management and observes clubs’ safety rules and guidelines.
Working knowledge of Club policies and guidelines as outlined in the Houston Country Club Employee Handbook and Orientation Guide.
Knowledge - Possesses technical skills needed to fulfill required job duties. Shows active
Interest in self-improvement
Work Ethic - Exhibits professional attitude towards superiors, colleagues, and work. Is timely and checks with Executive Pastry Chef or Pastry Chef before leaving. Must have a professional attitude when dealing with all kitchen staff.
Production - Correct inventories and requisitions of all items and communicates with Pastry Chef and Kitchen Management on service needs. Understands and uses recipe cards and production sheets. Produces the correct amount of mise-en-place for daily use by using recipe cards and production sheets, with as little waste of time or product as possible. Prepares all dough and batters to proper doneness and flavors correctly. Checks with Pastry Chef for any special items needed for that meal period. Produces the correct amount so that time and materials are not wasted.
Organization - Properly assembles all tools and utensils needed to accomplish job duties.
Exhibit’s ability to prioritize work and ensure immediate needs are met. Understands and shows commitment to teamwork, knowing when to request or offer help to or from colleagues.
Sanitation - Understands and follows sanitation practices. Properly cools and stores all
Batters, doughs, bases, sauces, and baked products. Keeps bake shop and coolers clean and neat, and everything must be wrapped and dated during shift.
Hygiene - Exhibits and uses proper personal hygiene, and dresses professionally. Keeps cuts,
Abrasions and sores covered. Uses rubber gloves when necessary.
1. Prepares all baked goods, such as puddings, pies, breakfast pastries, a special bread, and cookies as assigned by the pastry chef as needed.
2. Produces bread, rolls, donuts, biscuits, and muffins to maintain an inventory of freshly baked goods at all times.
3. Prepares and serves items in accordance with portion and presentation standards.
4. Notifies the Pastry Chef in advance of expected product shortages.
5. Requisition supplies as needed to prepare menu items and production needs.
6. Maintain the highest sanitary condition.
7. Assist Pastry Chef in the completion of other duties as assigned.
8. Makes sure all items are wrapped, dated, labeled, and stored in a proper fashion.
9. Maintains safety and security in work station
10. Clean spills immediately after they occur!
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Ability to read and write English
WORKING HOURS: As Scheduled.
· Environment is humid, temperature controlled
● Must be able to work a flexible schedule and/or over time if needed.
● Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
● Must work well with others as a team and help co-workers as needed.
● Must have an outgoing personality.
● Should have an eye for detail.
● Must possess honesty and integrity.
● Must be courteous and tactful at all times.
● Must be innovative and look for areas that need improvement.
● Must treat others with kindness and respect at all times.
● Perform other duties as required.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and/or sit up to 10 hours per day.
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and/or controls.
Reach with hands and arms.
Hearing and talking sufficient enough to communicate with members, guests, and co-workers.
Specific vision abilities include close vision, vision sufficient enough to read, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50lbs.
Independent mobility throughout the Clubhouse
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be matched.