Title: Line Cook
Zip Code: 77802 Full-time
Our Line Cooks prepare a variety of food products, including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces and stocks according to the club’s standard recipes using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the daily prep list.
• Prepares menu items as needed for member or guest service.
• Follows all state and local health and food safety regulations.
• Follows all safety procedures for operating and cleaning machinery.
• Prepares items according to standard recipes and from scratch cooking.
• Able to cook in high volume as well as individual to-go orders.
• Coordinates and times orders with other kitchen operations.
• Requisitions items needed to produce menu items.
• Knowledge of artful and clean plate presentation.
• Notifies Sous Chef of expected shortages.
• Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and sanitary.
• Sets-up, maintains and breaks down prep cook station.
• Covers, dates and neatly stores all leftover products that are re-usable.
• Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the line prep area and equipment.
• Closes the kitchen properly using the closing checklist.
• Attends kitchen staff meetings and offers suggestions for improvements.
• Performs other tasks such as assisting in food preparation, storing foods after delivery and cleaning coolers, freezers and storerooms.
• Continuously inspects floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, dry and clear of debris.
• Assists in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list.
• Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
• Attends departmental staff meetings.
• Report all accidents, illnesses or “near-miss” incidents immediately to manager on duty or supervisor.
• Intend to live our mission, help us build upon our vision and uphold our values.
• Completes other assignments made by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
• Good attitude and highly motivated self-starter.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Culinary degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Must be able to handle stress in a healthy and professional manner.
• Must be able to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Knowledge of and ability to use dishwasher and other kitchen equipment.
• Food safety certification.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to be matched.