· The Culinary Institute Lenotre® (CIL) in Houston, Texas, is the only French-owned culinary school in the US and was ranked #1 Culinary College in America by Niche.com for both 2019 and 2020. CIL trains and welcomes the culinary experts of tomorrow into its international family of renowned chefs and hospitality professionals.
· CIL was founded in 1998 by third generation French Chef Alain LENOTRE and his wife Marie. The LENOTRE name is known worldwide for its French cuisine and Pastry Arts. At CIL students study both French classic and contemporary recipes and feat of skills.
· CIL offers seven programs: four Elite Diploma Programs and three Associate Degree programs with the option of electives such as Hotel, Hospitality and Restaurant Management, LENOTRE Sommelier 1,2 and3, or Advanced Pastry Décor. CIL has developed a series of Seminars in Advanced Artistic Skills of Pastry Décor, including studies in Specialty Cakes or Wedding Cakes Décor, ten weeks certificates’ in Fundamentals of French Cuisine, French Baking & Pastry, and Sommelier.
· The fame of CIL grew from the success of its intensive hands-on training, small class size, and classic and innovative teaching from internationally experienced full time chef-instructors with an average of 20 years chef experience. CIL has five starts a year and schedules are chosen from morning, afternoon or evening to provide flexibility. For example, evening Lab classes are offered to students who may work during the day. Students who complete a FAFSA may be eligible to receive financial aid through federal grants and loans as well as through institutional scholarships based on need.
· CIL offers unique fast-paced courses. In as little as 50 weeks, students can receive the training necessary for an Elite Diploma. Students who wish to complete an Associate’s of Applied Science Degree in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry Arts or Hospitality Management could complete their studies in just 80 weeks. The 56,000 square foot campus with 12 kitchen labs is home to our Chefs who have French or international accreditations and accomplishments, and who each brings a wealth of knowledge, talent, and real-world experience in their specialty fields. Chefs at CIL are full time instructors, giving students dedicated, hands-on instruction.
· CIL features an award-winning on-site gourmet restaurant, Le Bistro, where students learn valuable hands-on experience about working in the restaurant industry.